This is a great opportunity for students to earn money for their individual accounts to pay for the Disney trip. Student and parent volunteers needed- look for a signup link in your UAMB News emails.
We are excited for all of the students and families who have been hard at work selling tickets for the carwash on Saturday! Your efforts are paying off! We have received record breaking numbers as donations and purchases keep arriving via Venmo. Keep up the sales efforts and notify Becky Mcclung (773-398-6277) or have your child reach out to mine (Gavin McClung) if you need more tickets. I’ve had to replenish tickets for so many students and I’m excited to gather those packets on Saturday and tally the totals. Here are some last minute reminders:
- Send your child volunteer on Saturday with clothes in which they can get wet and wearing plenty of sunscreen. The high is 80 degrees on Saturday and sunny so the weather looks perfect! We’ve lucked out.
- Don’t forget to send soap, sponges, drying racks or anything you’ve signed up for.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR PACKET IN THE YELLOW ENVELOPE! Bring it to the table at the carwash as soon as you arrive and hand off to an adult. After all this work selling, it would be a shame if your family didn’t get credit for your sales.
- Car washers have probably signed up for a 2 hour time slot in the morning (10:00-12:00) or the afternoon (12:00-2:00). This is a fun event and we won’t mind if students stay and wash for both sessions. However, there is no food planned so make sure to eat before you come and bring a snack if necessary.
- There are still more spots available to participate in. All participants will be counted and funds donated (that are not presales)will be split between the participants.
PRE-BAND CAMP: Summer is flying by! Pre-band camp is at the end of July:
July 25: Leadership Day, starts at 9:00 (leaders only)
July 26, 8:00-12:00: Pre-band-camp new member day
July 27 and 28, 8:00-12:00: Pre-band-camp practices for everyone
July 29, 8:00: Picture day
BAND CAMP: Band camp is the first week of August. Start times Monday-Thursday are now at 9:00 AM. Students should report to the high school prior to that and be ready to go at 9:00. The start time Friday is 10:00 AM. A LOT of help is needed to make band camp happen!!! Please take a look at the Signup Genius link in your UAMB News email and sign up to bring food and help out.
If you were unable to attend the meeting about the 2023 Disney trip, please click the link below to see the relevant information! You need to register by June 1!
The UA band is headed to Disney World for a few days during spring break 2023! The 8th-11th graders and their parents should plan to attend a meeting about this on Tuesday, May 24, at 7:00 pm in the UAHS Band room. Participating students will need to register for the trip by June 1 and submit a $100 deposit by June 8, so all parents will want to attend the meeting to find out what all will be involved. This is a very important opportunity to learn about this trip. (For those who were involved in the Mar 2020 trip that almost happened, note that we will be using the same travel company.)