The UAHS Golden Bear Marching Band is going to Orlando, Florida, on March 12-16, 2020 and is currently scheduled for a 2:30 PM “Disney Festival of Fantasy” Pre-Parade on March 14th in the Magic Kingdom.
The Boosters have taken the following precautions for the safety of the students traveling to Orlando:
- Prior to boarding the bus on Thursday, all students will have their temperature taken by the nurse that will be accompanying us. If a student has a fever, they will not be permitted to board the bus.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and its use mandatory for all upon entering and exiting the busses.
- Students will be encouraged to wash hands (20 second minimum) at every opportunity (ie meals, restroom breaks, etc)
- Chaperones will be provided with first aid kits and instructions for how to seek help for any student that exhibits flu like symptoms.
- Follow and abide by recommendations outlined by the CDC and Disney World
Wednesday/ Thursday reminders:
Wednesday, March 11- 7:00 AM Bring hat boxes with suspenders, spats, hat, plume, gloves, and black socks.
Thursday, March 12- 7:00 AM bring luggage…. Mr Fessler will have students excused from afternoon classes for a noon bus departure.
*If your student has food allergies, please pack snacks for them. While food allergies will be taken into consideration, we cannot guarantee the selection at the stops along the way.
Sunday/ Monday Itinerary recap:
- 6:45-7:30 am If your student is not returning on the bus to Columbus, an authorized adult must meet a district staff member at the Buena Vista Suites, 8203 World Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32821 407-239-8588. Students will place their luggage in a designated area for the early release students, check out with a district staff member and their parent, then head to breakfast.
- 9:00 am – Students spend the day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 9:15-9:45 PM Evening time slot for student/luggage pick up – see below for details on where to find the buses
- 9:45 PM The buses depart for home
- MONDAY, MARCH 16 4:30 PM approximate arrival at Upper Arlington High School.
The Remind app will be used throughout the trip to update parents and students: Remind join codes Students “UAMBDisStu” Parents “UAMBDisPar”
Get the FINAL DETAILS here, including chaperone contacts, a packing list, rehearsal schedule, and an updated itinerary. Your band student has received a Remind notification with their chaperone and room assignment.
Parents, if you are planning to pick your students up early from the Disney trip, and they will not ride the bus home with the band, you have 2 choices for signing your student(s) out on Sunday, March 15.
1) Check out in the morning at the hotel before the band loads the buses and heads to the park for the day. The time slot for this pickup time is from 6:45-7:30 am. Students will place their luggage in a designated area for the early release students, check out with a district staff member and their parent, then head to breakfast.
THIS TIME SLOT IS THE PREFERRED SIGNOUT TIME FOR THE DIRECTORS AND THE CHAPERONES, AS IT WILL LESSEN THE CONFUSION AND CHAOS AT THE END OF THE DAY AS THE REST OF THE KIDS HEAD BACK.
2) Check out at the end of the day at the buses, picking up your student and luggage. The time slot for this pickup is 9:15-9:45 pm. THIS IS A NARROW TIME SLOT AND WILL BE STRICTLY OBSERVED. IF YOU HAVE NOT ARRIVED ON TIME, YOUR STUDENT WILL BE RIDING THE BUS HOME- NO EXCEPTIONS. To find the buses as you exit the park, pass by the Skyliner and Disney Transportation buses. Motor coach parking starts around stop #60. If you are concerned about not finding the buses, use your cell phone to connect in or out of the park near the entrance and then walk together to the bus.
If an alternative adult other than the parent is picking up the band student, please fill the Authorization for Alternate Pick Up form.
Click here for FastPass+ information. You will receive an individual email with the ticket number for your student.
Families going to Disney World can coordinate with Justin Meats by calling or texting 614-620-4118.