The Band Boosters welcome all returning and new “bandie” parents for the 2016-2017 school year! Many of us are actively working over the summer to ensure a great marching season for our students.
Here’s a few ways you can be involved:
- Volunteer to help out during the uniform fitting times – no experience necessary. If you don’t know the password, email Marlene Rapp with your student’s name, so she can assign you to the best time. July 11-14
- Participate in the UA5k and donate to the Band. July 16
- Come to Band Camp on Saturday, August 6th to hear the 11am performance, meet other parents, and get more information from the Boosters about activities this year. (Plus you HAVE to pick up your student – no bus returns to UA – so you kind of have to be there anyway!)
- When our electronic volunteer sign-up lists are ready, sign up for other volunteer opportunities, such as baking cookies or helping with Spreads. You will be notified when the lists are available. There are lots of slots to be filled!
- Mark your calendar for The Blitz on August 18th from 5-8:30pm. More information will come soon, but many parents will be needed as drivers for this fundraising event.
- Mark your calendar for the first Booster meeting of the school year – Tuesday, September 13th at 7am in the Band Room. Booster meetings are generally the second Tuesday of the month with some exceptions. See the calendar.
- Get the football schedule on your calendars. Band parents tend to sit together in the stands, especially for the home games. Come see all the traditions that make Marching Band such a great experience for our students.