Car Wash: June 1

Greetings!  For those of you who don’t know me I’m Ty McDonald, one of your UAMB Booster fundraising co-chairs.

It’s the time of year that we preparing for our annual car wash fundraiser which is coming up on June 1st in the parking lot behind the Monro Muffler in Tremont Center.  This event may be the single biggest individual fundraiser we do for the student as 90% of the sales go directly to the student’s account (the other 10% goes to buying the car wash materials.)    I want to ensure that, as band parents, you know two important things about this car wash.  First, your child has been given, and signed for, an envelope containing an information sheet about this fundraiser along with ten car wash tickets that are tailored to your child with their name and the specific ticket number on each ticket.  I’m attaching a copy of the information sheet to this e-mail so you have all the same information your child does.    Second, we need your help in order to make this car wash a success.  There will be a Signup Genius going out for parents and kids to sign up to work shifts (morning/afternoon) at the car wash.  Please keep your eye out for it and sign up to work a shift.  We need every band student and at least one parent in order to make this event a success!

 

IMPORTANT:  Please understand that we treat the car wash tickets just like money (that’s why they are numbered and have your child’s name printed on them.)  We’ve told your children this and emphasize the point by having them sign for the tickets when they are passed out.  Upon completion of the fundraiser, your child is expected to either turn in the funds they raised from selling the tickets or return the unsold tickets themselves.  So, for example, if a student sells 2 of the 10 tickets then they will be expected to turn in 8 tickets (with their name printed on them) along with $20.  If a student sells 2, looses 2, and returns 6 then the student is expected to turn in the 6 with their name on them and turn in $40 ($20 from sales and $20 for the lost tickets.)  This is the policy and the students were made aware of it.  I wanted to be sure to let you know so that you can help your student maintain control over the tickets so that they aren’t lost.

 

Finally, we initially issued your child 10 tickets.  If they sell more than the 10 and want some more all you have to do is ask!  You can contact me at ty_mcdonald@hotmail.com or 915-355-1690 and we can arrange to get you more.  It’s super easy.  Thanks for your time and help with this event.  I know it’s going to be great!

 

Warm Regards,

 

Ty McDonald